Search This Blog

Monday 13 January 2014

Fake apple turnover 4sps

A pre-note about this post....

After receiving lots of interest on my blog over the weekend, I have decided to branch out and build up my recipe bank on here. It will be my way of sharing some interesting food finds from everywhere. I will be trying out not only my own made-up recipes but also recipes that other people have come up with.


*******  Fake apple turnover 4sps  *******


So after lots of talking and hype about these 'apple turnovers' I decided to try my hand at one last night. The turnover itself is worth only 4sps - a Weight Watchers Bargain! And what better way of starting to build up this recipe bank with something sweet .... Mmmmmmm....

Well, it was so easy to make, it is definitely on my list of favourite things to make now!

The one thing that I could have done to improve it was to spray it with some fry light - which I have added into the recipe below...

Ingredients

2 x Apples - any type
1 tbsp water
1 tsp sweetener
1x Weight Watchers wrap
Fry light spray
Ground Cinnamon

Let's get baking....

1. Turn your oven on to around 180'C
 2. Peel and chop up an apple into smallish pieces & pop in a bowl with a tbsp of water

3. Pop in a microwave for 2-3 minutes (depending on your microwave, but you will want them to be soft when they come out)

4. Mash it all up with a fork


5. Pop the stewed apple down the middle of a tortilla wrap & sprinkle on some sweetener on top of the apple
  

6. Spray a few sprays of fry light on the tray so that the turnover wont stick to the tray.
7. Fold the wrap up like a parcel and flip it over and pop it onto the baking tray
8. Spray a few times over the parcel and then sprinkle with some ground Cinnamon.

 9. Bake in the oven for roughly 15minutes.
10. Take off the baking tray and serve on a plate with something yummy like light squirty cream or ice cream.
11. Enjoy! :)
You can always change the filling to a different kind of fruit or different mixture of fruits. The possibilities are endless!
Love, Mrs O x

No comments:

Post a Comment