Search This Blog

Saturday 31 May 2014

Mrs O, Mrs O, where have you been?!...

I've been up to London to visit the Queen!!! 

Well, not really! But I feel like I've not had a spare Saturday in weeks!!! So let me tell you a little story of what has happened in my life recently... (Just so you know, I it's all about the weeks leading up to last weekend)

So back in the last Bank Holiday, Mr O and I went to our friend's engagement party up in London (see i did go up into Town - but just not to see the queen!)



My outfit matched Jeremy's theme colour - I decided to go for a nautical theme, complete with red nails, shoes and handbag! 



We met up with some other friends before we went along to the party and stopped off for a few drinks. I fancied a mocktail and so the bar man asked me to name my favourite fruits / flavours - I gave him pineapple and coconut and this was his creation.... Oh my word I wanted to down it!!



If you follow me on Twitter or on Facebook you will have heard that my work finally got taken over by London Bridge Hospital. And my, did we rejoice and celebrate when we found out :)

On our first day as London Bridge Hospital they sent us a big bunch of fruit (as well as sarnies) all because it was national nurses day!!



Following a march one Sunday, our corps Band, Songsters and Singing Company did a lovely open air in the middle of the high street in Enfield...


I did a bit of investigation into Snacks, treats and desserts... And these were a few of my favourite finds....

Frozen vanilla milk lollies from Sainsburys work out as 1pp each :)


These ice cream things (I never know what to call them!) Are from Lidl and work out at 3pp each - I think I bought them for about £1.99 for the 12 of them!


And finally, the place that I find is the worst place ever to say no to chocolate....

The Petrol Station....


So from top to bottom.... 
Milky Way - 5pp 
Galaxy Ripple - 5pp (and so worth it!)
Reese's Nut Bar - 8pp = and so not worth it!!

Another kind of food investigation... I spend a while getting cold in the frozen fish section in Tesco to find the best and lowest pointed battered cod.... This worked out the best for 7pp per fillet and it was so tasty and a decent size too.

Another little find is my love for tinned pineapple - in juice remember - and this is the only kind of fruit in a tin 'in juice' that you can get from Lidls.... 


And now a little bit of a boring bit.... Some of my lunches, dinners and desserts over that time...  

  


  
(Fake apple pie)

 



  
And finally, my little man and I had a fancy dress party.....


Love, Mrs O x

Next post to come.... Guernsey and then this last week - which has been a real big shock to my system!!

No comments:

Post a Comment