Search This Blog

Saturday 12 July 2014

Fruity cake tray bake - 2pp each

Well these cakes didn't last long in our house - and if that happens it's a good thing! I also took some into work for the girls at work that are doing Weight Watchers and they loved it! It's only 2pp per piece...



I found this recipe in this month's Weight Watchers Magazine, but I switched and ditched a few ingredients as I didn't have them and Mr O doesn't like almonds on a cake! In the magazine (pg 76) it's called 'Cherry Tray Bake' - hence why I have changed it to Fruity Cake Tray Bake

Ingredients:

100g Low fat spread
100g caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
125g self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
200g cherries, pitted (but I used strawberries instead)
15g icing sugar
1 tsp lemon juice (I used a little bit more to help 'flick' it around better!)
10g toasted flaked almonds (I didn't use)

Set the oven to GM 4 / 180'C / Fan 160'C & Line a 25cm x 20cm tin with baking / grease proof paper - I also sprayed some 'baking' spray lite onto it to double help it not stick (it worked!)

So, let's bake....

1. Whisk up together in a bowl the spread, sugar, egg, lemon zest, flour and baking powder in a large bowl (I sifted the flour and baking powder - habit but I know it helps to stop let it go all lumpy!)


2. Chop up the strawberries / fruit


3. Plop into the lined tin and scatter the strawberries / fruit over the top


4. Pop in the oven for 25mins or until golden - just to let you know, I had to put mine in there for about 35-40 mins - always judge it yourself and not by the times on recipes as everyone's oven is different!


5. Once out of the oven leave to cool.

6. Once it has cooled down you can make the icing to go on top ....

7. Mix the lemon juice and the icing sugar together and then drizzle it over the top. You can then sprinkle over the flaked almonds, but as I said before, I didn't as Mr O is fussy!

8. Chop up into 18 pieces - If you can't work the maths out it's 3 x 6 ! - Look at the above photo as a guide - I was having a real blonde moment trying to work it out!!!

Storage - They say to keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days - I had mine wrapped up in the baking paper and then popped in a tin but not into the fridge. And to be honest, it wont last that long if you all have a sweet tooth!! Oh, and they say you can freeze it too and it will last in the freezer up to 3 months - but you need to out numbers 6 & 7.

9. Sit back, eat and enjoy - and as many people have said, it's perfect with a cup of tea or coffee!!

Love, Mrs O x

No comments:

Post a Comment